Hello All. I'm new here and I could use some help. I'm planning to buy a new camcorder but am confused as to what I should buy. The answer to my question is probably buried somewhere within past threads so please excuse my search for a rapid response to my questions since I need to buy this camera tomorrow sometime.

My uses for the camcorder will be home videos/family gatherings/vacation/ some kids sports activities/possibly posting online/ and most importantly...I want to be able to take this footage, edit it, then burn it to a DVD and watch it on my bigscreen and I want it to look clean.

I also like portability, small if possible, and I'd like ease of use, I'd like all of this for a reasonable price..and normally I am not this picky in life but these are tough economic times and my budget is no exception, nor is my wife whom is not a fan of me buying a new gadget.
I told her it's much less expensive than my dream car/mid-life crisis Porsche Boxter with Pam Anderson in the passsanger seat, all of which I'll never have in this world or the next.

So with all of that, I was leaning towards a Flip Ultra HD???
I'll be sacrificing on the zoom and stabilazation I'd need for the sporting events, but other than that, do you folks think it would fit my needs?
I am really concerned at how footage would look taken from that camera, burned to DVD and played back would look. That's basically how I would store this media.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.