Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Wanting a better quality video

Hi to all,
    I have being using panasonic nv gs75 for sometime now and i want to go in for a better quality. I have in mind the following cameras: HG10 AVCHD ,Sony HVR-V1U HDV ,Canon XH-A1 3CCD HDV Camcorder,jvc GZ-HD7 60GB. I mostly shoot indoors filming weddings, naming ceremonies and use pinacle studio to edit to dvd etc. I have problem now in choosing a camera, because i dont want to spent for notting on expensive cameras when there might me cheaper ones producing the same quality.
    Thanks in advance,

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Wanting a better quality video

I've played with the Sony and the Canon and they are both fine cameras. I will be ordering three of the V1U's or the newest variants of that camera in the middle of 2008 when I upgrade to HD.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Hi,
    Thanks for your help. How about the Panasonic AG-DVX100BE mini-DV Camera/Recorder PAL, can one compare it to the sony and canon mentioned above? which one would you recommend and is there any other camera within this price range that you think is better that these cameras.
    Kind Regards,

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

The Panasonic is also an excellent camera. I believe you'd be happy with either of them. I'm still rather partial to the Sony.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

It really does come down to personal preference. my favorites would be the canon and the panasonic, but as i said it really comes down t personal preference. Layout gets important as well. are all the buttons and knobs in convenient comfortable places for you to use. after you have used the camera for a couple of hours the last thing you want is a cramping hand.

Thanks to all of you. I finally bought the canon and it looks good. I only have to get use to it.

Thread Information