Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Thread: stills from HD

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

stills from HD

I think both the GH-1 and E-P1 have potential for usable web-sized images from HD video recordings.
    I suppose I'm going to have to buy some proper video software, these are just screen grabs from the video player on my PC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stills from HD-abhd-1.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-2.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-3.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-4.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-5.jpg  

PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: stills from HD

The reason for trying this is the light from other people's cameras, closer to the action, is making interesting shadows on the buildings - or it's lighting up the Abbots Bromley Horn Dance in ways I can't manage without many assistants!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stills from HD-abhd-6.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-7.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-8.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-9.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-10.jpg  

PAul

Both the E-P1 and GH-1 performed well here, in low light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stills from HD-abhd-11.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-12.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-13.jpg   stills from HD-abhd-14.jpg  
    PAul

getting some video editing software that will let you export the full frame will give you much much better quality. Imagine the sort of quality you could get if you had a RED camera!! even full HD isn't so bad as a frame grab, especially when the full hd comes from a camera with a great sensor.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thread Information