Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Thread: Sony DCR PC5E

Sony DCR PC5E

Hi folks

I have a Sony DCR PC5E that keeps displaying the error code C21:00 & showing a yellow symbol in the middle of the screen. Someone told me it was a moisture symbol, so I've tried leaving the camera open in a dry environment for several days, but it still won't accept a tape or stop displaying the code. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Re: Sony DCR PC5E

it could be a moisture symbol but i thought those models of sony displayed a water droplet as their moisture symbol. Take it to your nearest technician is my best guess. Sony are notoriously cagey about what their error messages actually mean.

Mmmm.. the shop charges £235 just to take a look at it, with no guarantee of it being fixable! I'd rather spend £600 & get a new PC1000 - I was just looking for any way of extending the life of the PC5 without it costing me an arm & a leg. Thanks anyway

the old wives way to remove moisture (if that is the problem) is to get some silica gel (looks like sugar saches) and place them and the camera in a ziplock plastick bag for a couple of days. if that doesn't fix the problem then buying a new one might be the best option. sadly the nature of these small mass produced cameras is that they are difficult to work on (try pulling an old one appart sometime)

Thread Information