Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Novice needs help, please

Hi! I am new here and hope you will forgive my ignorance. I have been using 2 Cannon camcorders (ZR25 & ZR65) for a few years with good results.

I am interested in one of these tiny "bullet cams" on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7577323136
    I do not understand how these things work. What captures the video? I want a tiny camera that I don't have to hold, but can walk around with and take video. Is this what I need? How do you put video taken with this type of camera on a DVD? I feel like Rumpelstiltzkin
    ...asleep while the rest of the world was awake for the invention of something everyone seems to know about! Any help is appreciated.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Novice needs help, please

According to the literature, you still need some type of recorder tucked away on whatever the camera is mounted to, so you can actually record the information/ Your ZR65 might have the ability to record through the cables that you normally hook up to the TV to watch your tapes, you will need to check the manual. The Sony bullet cam has the cables and adapters that will plug into your cameras A/V cables, if it will in fact record through them.

I hope this has helped a little. Good luck.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information