Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Smile Need information for www.86photovideo.com

Hi,

I want to buy one Sony DCR SR 200 Camcoder, I want ot buy it online. Is any body have any idea about the site "www.86photovideo.com" ? Should I buy the cam from this site ??Please help me.

Thanks
    Prience

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Need information for www.86photovideo.com

There isn't any information on our site about them, so I can't tell you to much. I gave them a call and talked with a salesman named Clark Thompson. He says they have been in business about 3 years and do not currently have a store front. They are an internet house for the time being. They ship mostly USA market goods unless otherwise noted. Prices listed on the web are allegedly USA market. They do not as of yet ship over seas. All equipment comes with all parts and manuals as shipped from the manufacturer and they will not call two days later to try and sell you something else,

I haven 't heard anything good or bad about them, so good luck should you decide to become a client, let us know how it goes.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

I did a bit more research on these guys and it turns out they used to be know as wisetronics.com. If this is true, I would follow your fellow posters advice and stay away from this site. Personally, I'll stick with B&H photo/video or Tristate cameras.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

This is absolutely a scam. I just canceled an order with them this morning after visiting another site. We placed our order yesterday, got a call this morning telling us that in order to complete processing our order, we needed to discuss their $30 coupon for a battery, I told them that I didn't want to purchase anything else and before I could get the phone hung up good, I got an email stating the item was out of stock. I called the company back and canceled the order, and called the credit card company to stop payment.

To make matters worse, I spoke to the guy this morning and told him of my concerns and he blamed all the bad press on the internet on their competitors. What a load of bull! Save yourself time and money, not to mention a lot of headaches and AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Thread Information