Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

My brother the SAR case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOsCpAsBnSU

Put this together in windows movie maker 2, video shot with a Panasonic PV-DV203, stills taken with a Canon A510.

What'cha think?

*Bob Saget part is an inside joke
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Re: My brother the SAR case.

really it depends on your audience. the non surfer would struggle to work out what was happening to the surfer in what doesn't really look like a big swell (i know the rip was pretty bad though) and a surfer is used to more in your face editing (keeping the clips shorter) and or speeding bits up is the style in most surf vids - mostly because it can become boring and repetitive otherwise. Take a look at biggest wednesday, i think a bit of an interview at the front to set the scene would help the story immensely.

Tel

I dont have anything to comment on the videomaking or anything like that, but I will say this.

OH BOB SAGET!

Tourette's Guy is AWESOME.

Canon Digital Rebel with Quantray 19-35 F3.5-4.5 basically Glued on. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman
    really it depends on your audience. the non surfer would struggle to work out what was happening to the surfer in what doesn't really look like a big swell (i know the rip was pretty bad though) and a surfer is used to more in your face editing (keeping the clips shorter) and or speeding bits up is the style in most surf vids - mostly because it can become boring and repetitive otherwise. Take a look at biggest wednesday, i think a bit of an interview at the front to set the scene would help the story immensely.
    Thanks, I mostly made the video for my brother/immediate family and friends.

It was really tough to get the exciting angles etc because I was on a rickety dock and I wasnt about to go all the way to the way closed part of the dock...I was on the "closed" portion, the good angle was on the "CLOSED!" portion

Another limitation, that's being addressed within the week is my tripod limitation, the tripod I have now is about 20 years old and only works at 2/3 height. I ordered a new one today though.

Lastly, I'm really bad about getting out there and actually using the video camera, so I completely spaced on the battery part of things. :mad2:

Thanks for the tips, I'll definately consider the interview portion for next time or maybe as a supplement to this one.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Thread Information