Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>
    EKI

I need help finding a type of video camera

hello, this is a tough one but here goes: I am looking for a video camera that we could literally strap to a hard hat or to a person's head and be able to view what the person is looking at from a satalite location. It is for a business purpose, we basically need a person in the field to be able to show the tech team what they are working on for troubleshooting and so we need a realtime camera so that we can help the field person troubleshoot. They will need to travel worldwide, so I don't know if it needs to be something that works with satalites or the internet- I assume so, but if anyone knows of any suggetions that would be great. We have search for a product that can do this and haven't found anything. Please let me know if anyone has any recommendations. Thank you!

Re: I need help finding a type of video camera

there must be off the shelf systems to do what you want, although how much they are or where to buy them from, i have no idea. i guess the type of environment you will be using it in is important. in theory it is relatively simple to connect a webcam to a hardhat then with a wireless internet connections and a laptop you should be fine. however if you need something either physically stronger, higher resolution or simply more portable then i would be asking the likes of canon etc to see if they offer any solutions and how much they are.

Thread Information