Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

help! I dont know how to work the mic that came with cam.

Hi,

I just bought a sony dsr pdx10p secondhand with a mic but i cant get the mic to work. the bit that attaches to the camera has 2 inputs and a number of options (rec ch select/input level/+48V) an ive tried every combination of these with no luck. Is there some other option maybe on the camera i havent found or something I might be doing wrong or is it just broke? Thanks

Kazz

Re: help! I dont know how to work the mic that came with cam.

what sort of mic is it? many of them need a battery to run and the mic's battery could simply be flat or it hasn't been turned on. i tried looking up that camera to find a picture of the intputs and options but i can't find anything that is of use to me. it is also possible that a setting has been changed in the cameras menu system that is causing the problem. I encountered that at uni one time when someone changed a mic setting from mic to line in (so it could be plugged into a pa system) and we could only get really low sound levels till we worked it out. is there a volume control dial somewhere on the camera that might be turned down? keep me posted as to how you go.
    Simon

Thread Information