Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Unhappy Help b4 my boss finds out (Sony DSR- PDX10P)

I started a new job this week unfortunately i broke the lens cap of an 900 pound camera

I need help in replacing it with a new one b4 anyone finds out.

The camera is an Sony DSR- PDX10P. Does anyone know where i can get one? Or some advice. or a magical lamp with a genie that i can burrow?

or do i have to do this all week and wish it would go away :mad2:

Re: Help b4 my boss finds out (Sony DSR- PDX10P)

I used to be a Television Photographer for CBS and NBC affiliates. I would say look on BHphoto.com if you are really that worried about it if you can't find the cap on there site give them a ring. While you are waiting for the lens cap to arrive cut out a piece of cardboard in the shape of the lens opening (make it tight) and put some soft fabric around it then and it should be a stop gap until you can get a new cap.

I don't know what you use your camera for but when I did TV I never ever used a lens cap, for the times when I had spot news and had to get the shot fast I didn't have to mess with taking off a lens cap, I just used a clear filter then when I scratched it up I bought a new one.

Moving on, what I would personally do is fess up that you made a mistake and broke the lens cap, as long as you didn't screw anything thing up more than that you prob won't be in trouble in fact most employers like for people to admit they made a mistake.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Thread Information