Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

exporting to dvd in premier pro

I am in the process of exporting some PAL films to NTSC compliant DVD for use in a conference in North America. The person who will be using them in their presentation doesn't want any menu's etc, so the simplest way is to export direct from the timeline, however for some reason when i attempt to export to a NTSC standard rather than pal, premier seems to just close itself. I am not sure if it is something i am doing wrong or if there is a fault in the premier ntsc codecs? but any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.
    thanks
    Simon

Re: exporting to dvd in premier pro

and then after a day of trying every different ntsc setting premier has, it randomly decided to work on a setting i had already tried grrrrrrrrrr

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: exporting to dvd in premier pro

I hate when that happens. You do what you think is right, it doesn't work, then out of the blue it works. I never usually figure out the problem, just am happy for the self inflicted cure.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information