Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Thread: DVD Ripping

DVD Ripping

I have some footage i need to edit, however the footage has been sent to me on a DVD (the mini dv tapes have been erased) premier won't import the files, does anyone know of a way that i can convert them into a format premier will recognise?
    thanks
    Simon

Re: DVD Ripping

Maybe someone at this website might be able to help. http://www.videohelp.com/
    Or you might be able to find something there that will assist you out.

And You did a Video Course as well, wasn't this covered in that course.

How are things going Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS

And You did a Video Course as well, wasn't this covered in that course.

How are things going Simon.
    Thanks for the Web Page, i will have a look, i trolled adobe's forums to no avail. unfortunately my degree although in video production has many gaps. i can tell you all about editing audio and video and lighting and camera techniques but colour management, mastering etc i had to teach myself. when at uni dvd our films were mastered to mini dv and if used for a screening to digi beta. due to copyright restrictions everything we used we shot. so capturing from other sources was never covered. in theory i could plug a dvd player into the capture card (it does have analogue inputs) but i haven't been able to get the vcr working that way yet (yet the camera works fine???) serioulsy people studying all aspects of video production are better off at tafe than uni in Australia. i keep threatening to do a catch up course at aftrs or jmc but time and money prevent me. I am currently working as the "communications Assistant" for the Marist Brothers head office now basically using the other half of my degree (the communication theory bit) although i am also acting as It manager / graphic designer and videographer/editor. lots of fun pays ok and i get nice toys to play with. I still work at the camera shop on the occasional saturday when Joe needs a hand. Life is treating me well
    thanks Peter

this is getting to be a bit of a headache. i have tried several dvd ripping / avi encoding applications to no avail. using dvd decrypter and virtual dub i have achieved the best yet results in terms of an avi file, but premier cannot import the file. Using super DVD ripper i can get a file that imports into premier no problems but then only plays back in the scrubber window, i can only get sound and a black clip from the timeline.

Thread Information