Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Canon HV20 Sample on Vimeo

Surf N Turf 2007 - Pismo Beach, California on Vimeo

http://www.vimeo.com/378176

I posted a YouTube version of this but the Vimeo quality is 10 times better.

I recently found out about Vimeo which allows for HD video sharing. It's like YouTube but can handle larger files and better quality. This upload is 120MB and took over 20 minutes to upload from home. It won't take that long for you to watch it since it streams just like YouTube.

This home video was shot with Canon's HV20. It's one of the best consumer HD video cameras available. It is in between consumer and pro level, just not broadcast of course. Many wedding videographers have added this sub $1k camera to their bag.

Stills were taken with a Canon 30D and the video was edited with Sony Vegas 7.

I still have a lot to learn when it comes to the world of video production so excuse the mistakes. It's just our typical vacation video Please don't scold me for leaving my tripod at home :frown

Thanks and enjoy.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Canon HV20 Sample on Vimeo

Hey Eric, not too shabby. The video looked good and played back no problem on my MacBook. Cool stuff.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    Hey Eric, not too shabby. The video looked good and played back no problem on my MacBook. Cool stuff.

Thanks Michael. I've received many views from the Landcruiser community and they seem to enjoy it based on their responses. I plan to shoot something more organized with willing drivers next year.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Here's my latest off-road highlights video on Vimeo. This was taken at Hungry Valley SVRA last Saturday:

http://www.vimeo.com/420925
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Thread Information