Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Which Camera should i buy Samsung or maby other Thx for advice

ok so i am going to buy camera etc...but i need some advice

first of all i am gonna buy samsung MX10A but i also think about samsung HMX10A

-> Are samsung video camera good ? i heard that sony & philips is way better so clear me that

-> Low Light Sensitivity for HMX10A = 15lux it that mean i need pretty good light 4 recording ? and with bad light it will look bad or kind of blacky ? (i just want to be sure :P :P know it is kind of dumb question)

-> Is sony vegas able to read/use compression AVCHD ( in HMX10A HD model) is this compression good anyway ?

-> somone got Samsung VP-MX10A or saw how it record ? is quality good ? [i remind mpeg4 compression] (i watch many you tube video but yt destroy quality of vid so....)

at last i want to say i will use it for funny movie or some home production but dont suggest that ;p

from now i am more willing to buy Samsung VP-MX10A

-------
    sorry 4 my bad english xD and ty 4 any advice

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Which Camera should i buy Samsung or maby other Thx for advice

I haven't been able to find out about the Sony software handling the AVCiHD format. The camera has good looking specs, but I have not seen any video from it. Personally, I'll stick with Sony or Panasonic with MiniDV or MiniHD tape. I edit with Avid and Final Cut Pro and get excellent results with these formats.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information