Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

PC Connection Cable Question For Hitachi DZ-BX35A

I have a Hitachi DZ-BX35A DVD Camcorder and I would like to know if anyone can answer my question about a PC Connection Cable.
    According to Hitachi, this model does NOT support a pc connection cable, yet on the front of the camera under its door is a pc connection terminal. It does NOT come with a cable or software, so I know Hitachi wants you to buy their more expensive camcorders that do come with the cable.
    The picture of the cable makes it seem to be a USB and not a firewire cable, but the terminal seems to be a firewire 4 (?) pin. I am not very familar with firewire, nor do I have a bunch of firewire cables laying around my house like I do with USB cables (all types and none fit the terminal on the camcorder). If a 4 pin firewire will fit the terminal, shouldn't the pc see it? Or is this some proprietary Hitachi cable that can't be bought anywhere. I thought about just purchasing the pc connection cable for the Hitachi model that DOES support it (GX3300A/3200A), but I can't find those anywhere.
    Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Re: PC Connection Cable Question For Hitachi DZ-BX35A

if you are able post a photo of the terminal and i will be able to tell you with certainty, however i am 75% certain that it is a 4 pin fire wire terminal. they often look a lot like a usb mini connection and i have seen people attempt to bend the terminal and or the cable to make it fit (obviously a very bad idea) the firewire protocol is such that i would be highly suprised if your computer didn't recognise the camera automatically, and if your video editing software supports it, you can control the playback and recording functions of the camera through the pc with no drivers etc. this is part of the reason that firewire is the prefered option for transfering digital video to a computer.

Thanks! I am just such a tightwad that I don't want to start spending $10-$20 at a time hoping that a cable might work. I'll try to attach a pic of the terminal when I get home tonight. I don't have access of the camcorder at work.

Humm Not sure where you bought yours . But mine came with the camera to USB2 cable . Complete CD drivers, and a cheep unuseable video program. that i did not install. The complete package was 249.00 and Ive had mine for about 2 years now , so I m sure price has come down a bit.

hello:)

cameracomparsions xyz cameracomparsions xyz What will be the fastest approach to commute to every day in a metropolitan environment? Could it possibly be by automobile? Taxi? Train? Bus? Most people in the United states never involving commuting by bicycle However, it is often the fastest way of getting to school or work It is also the least expensive and probably the most environmentally friendly means of transportation available to most urban commuters |Anyone is actually really into motorbikes would definitely like to learn how to build a biker With all of the environmental issues possess facing today, it is an ideal time to understand to generate a motorbike |Most that take a Cambodia vacation will visit Ankor Historical Park Ankor Wat as well as the surrounding temples are best visited at sunrise in addition as in the dawn and late in the morning towards dark There are two reasons for this, light creates a fully pointless different atmosphere, and it is not so very warm Break up your day and avoid the heat of sunlight Your pass will be valid for as many visits as you ought to make - so upward early, and see the sites of Ankor before it gets to hot Then, mid to late morning, come back to your hotel in Siem Riep and relax ultimately heat for the day Later on, as soon as the weather cools down, go back to the temples for sundown |That's right guaranteed fat big loss Fat loss is the answer not weight loss Weight reduction could mean muscle and you need to lose fat and keep cells Fat is lumpy and not very attractive Muscle is lean and attractive |As I lay in bed last night I became aware of something moving across the ceiling This spider (only mid-sized, so please don't freak out at would like to!) was following a line along the outer fringe of the ceiling and then came to rest for several moments directly above my head I watched since he (or she) paused and then scurried off across the ceiling Great myself becoming fascinated by where he was going (ok, The truth is I didn't want him to lose his grip and fall on me in the night time!) and I also wondered what thoughts were running through his mind |I was near to suggest we take a break (and gently hint that it be good form to buy another drink to assist the place keep these lights on), but Lenore put her hand up to stop me |Although the digital camera for, according to shutter hardly need cost, but the best or improve their photography level, as long as possible first shooting successful, and not repeated press shutter expect "bump" a good movie Here are going to introduce some of the typical mistakes, and how to avoid them |Make use of a slice in your golfing technique it can really get you in trouble The goal here is to get rid of the slice When you do may enjoy your game much way more |There are lots of areas within our lives where we find that we could "trim the fat", may become comes to our spending routines Our budget for gasoline with the area However, we live in a society where have got dependent upon our vehicles and therefore gas As soon as the rates for gas soar, we are rendered incapable

I don't have access of the camcorder at work.

Humm Not sure where you bought yours .

You may be interested in the instruments for wire and cable connection and repair. Modern technologies make our lives easier every year. And you can do a lot of things at home today with the result not worse than if done by a professional. You only need to buy special connecting tools at WirefyShop.com, and all your wires will always operate flawlessly. It is really very easy.

Thread Information