Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Go To DSLR?

Re: Why Go To DSLR?

I've been using a Sony NEX mirrorless for a couple years. Thinking about upgrading to a DSLR. First of all, am I upgrading and Why should I go to a DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by coachgns View Post
    I've recently begun to do some serious (but amateur) photography, and am thinknig of "upgrading" to a DSLR. But I'd like to know WHY - will I get more from it.

I have been using a Nikon Coolpix 8800 for a couple of years. Other than being very slow writing on the cards when shooting large pics, I like the results I'm getting. It has 8 megs, and a 10X zoom. Also decent Macro.
    A large electronic swivel viewfinder, and a fairly large lens.

I like taking nature, cityscapes & people. Not doing sports or portraits at this time.

So if I go to a DSLR, what will I get that I don't have with this?

Thanks
    IMO going to a SLR system would be comparing a multi-tool to having a work shop where the latter is ideal for big and specialized tasks.

The areas where you might get more out of the move might be image quality, shooting performance, image and video options that come from specific lenses or flash systems. You mention city scapes. A very fast or wide lens would be an example where SLR might be superior for that.

IMO traveling to a SLR arrangement would be comparing a mufti-tool to accepting a plan boutique area the closing is ideal for big and specialized tasks.

The areas area you ability get added out of the move ability be angel quality, cutting performance, angel and video options that appear from specific lenses or beam systems. You acknowledgment city-limits escapes. A actual fast or advanced lens would be an archetype area SLR ability be above for that.

If you are a professional photographer and looking to take full control over images or have a deep passion for photography which you consider it a medium to arrest the golden moments of life, you must use a Digital Single Lens Reflex or DSLR camera. With plenty of handy features and specifications, digital cameras have become a rage among the modern day people.

'DSLR cameras have ‘through the lens’ viewfinders. Each of the DSLR cameras is compatible with different range of interchangeable lenses and camera accessories. However, they are more expensive and you have to pay the prices for body and lenses separately. Only a few digital SLR cameras have a fixed lens. These cameras allow the consumers to get complete manual control. The image quality of these cameras is much better than normal consumer cameras. DSLRs also have lot of auto modes making it easy to use for beginners.'

I shot a full length indie film using a hacked Panasonic Gh1 (aka a GH13) and a Gh2 DSLR. Because the camera was so small and inconspicuous, I was able to shoot some cool time lapse footage with one of my actors around downtown Los Angeles without any permits. We did get stopped by two cops on segways but, they were really cool and said we could continue shooting as long as we stayed out of people's way. Ya gotta love the compact lightweight yet powerful design of DSLR cameras when it comes to making low budget indie films.

Iam not go to DSLR and your good feedback will not convince me

A digital single-lens reflex camera (also called a digital SLR or DSLR) is a digital camera combining the optics and the mechanisms of a single-lens reflex camera with a digital imaging sensor, as opposed to photographic film
    Digital SLR cameras, along with most other digital cameras, generally have a mode dial to access standard camera settings or automatic scene-mode settings. Sometimes called a "PASM" dial, they typically provide as minimum Program, Aperture-priority, Shutter-priority, and full Manual modes.

independly camera are not miracle because extra editing work with pho

because dls are cheap

DSLR is expensive for me! But with a DSLR, it can be a great plus to my photography. Photos taken by a DSLR is really wonderful and fantastic. It allows you to take photos of different styles.

bcz it taks u to a new level of photography

Because DSLR is advanced camera for high result. You can setup picture as your's. But you must learn and experience to use DSLR camera.

Because DSLR is advanced camera for high result.

A human nature....run towards best..isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
    I've been using a Sony NEX mirrorless for a couple years. Thinking about upgrading to a DSLR. First of all, am I upgrading and Why should I go to a DSLR?
    If you had bothered to read this post from the beginning you would have had many answers.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Thank you all for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
    What do you think a dslr will give you that a mirrorless does not ?

With a dslr, you get a superior viewfinder, far greater lens selection and more weight.

Mirrorless versus DSLR cameras: which is best?
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Now I'm ready to buy Nikon D5300 . If i buy it, then this will be my first camera. And I', really excited to buy it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information