Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

When is that one show...? :)

I forget the name of the show/expo thing where the camera companies are supposed to introduce their new stuff and everyone is hoping that current prices will drop after it. I would just like to know about how much longer it'll be before we start seeing price drops (mainly Canon Digital Rebel and 10D) if there's going to be any upcoming drops. Thanks.

nevermind

I found out that it is the PMA's and is in 7 days. Is it expected for prices to drop after that, though?

Prices on some things might drop. But probably not until new stuff actually becomes available. A lot of the equipment that is shown at PMA doesn't actually make it to the stores for a few months.

By the way, I will be at PMA and there will be tons of photo coverage and a show report on this site.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

But there is also Photokina in Germany (only every other year) this year in September which a bigger than PMA.

Uwe
    www.outbackphoto.com
    www.colors-by-nature.com

Quote Originally Posted by ustein
    But there is also Photokina in Germany (only every other year) this year in September which a bigger than PMA.

Uwe
    Dont' forget the Japan Expo. As far as prices dropping, I doubt we'll see significant changes. I design IC's for a fabless semiconductor company. Prior to the 10d coming out and the d60 was still the "item," I did a cost analysis and actually came up with $1500 price tag for an elan 7 level camera and APS sensor.... That's why when they hit this mark I was ready to jump in.

What I'm finding interesting is how many people are actually worried that the 10d will be upgraded. I'm confused because it did everything my elan 7 did, which did lots more than my om--2n's, and the image quality can more than exceed what most people will ever print to. Sure, I would like faster AF and better low light performance...but that's a 3 or 1 series camera. We're back to the digital silver bullet!

Maybe in the fray of the 1d mk2 I can get a 1d for my sporting needs...

Thread Information