Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

What YOU use to carry your camera (bags?)

I plan to carry around my Canon SLR camera around a lot.

What do you guys use to carry your cameras around?

Is there a type of bag that is highly favored for carrying slr cameras around?

thanks

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: What YOU use to carry your camera (bags?)

I like the crumpler because it doesn't say "I'm a camera steal me" while I'm on the bus or train.
    Brian's Hot Tub has room for two 1D bodies, 200-400, 240-70,709-200,50mm,tubes, 2x converter, two 580s, and a bag of assorted stuff (batteries, cables).
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

I use a Lowepro AW nova. its a nice quality, small bag that is weather resistant and you can move around the compartment dividers to make it custom fit to my gear. also has pockets in easy to get to areas for my memory cards and batteries. a 20 oz drink bottle also fits in it, which is a plus.

I like my tamrac velocity sling bags. I have the 7 and 9. With the 9 I can have my 1D with the 70-200 f2.8 attached and room for whatever else I need. Weather cover for my camera, gloves, extra cards, lens cleaning kit, bottle of water and another lens or flash.
    Last edited by JETA; 11-20-2007 at 11:31 AM.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I use a LowePro PhotoTrekker AW backpack. It's huge and holds a ton of stuff. Too much stuff actually. I tend to pack it full, and them end up taking way too much stuff with me. It weighs around 30 pounds full, and that's without my tripod.

I also have a LowePro Compact AW shoulder bag that I use when I want to go light. I bought it to use as a carry on for air travel. I can pack just about everything I want in it. I don't like it as a walk around bag tho. I'm just not a big fan of shoulder bags, unless they are real small and light.

I have thought about a small sling bag, but haven't found that I need one yet.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Another vote for Crumpler. I got mine for the exact reason SmartWombat mentioned...it doesn't really look like a camera bag. I have the 7 Million Dollar Home and it's big enough for a few cameras and a few lenses. I would look at the 5 or 6 Million Dollar Home if I was just carrying one camera and a lens or two.

Paul

Thread Information