Twitter policies that can temporarily check your tweets-acastro_180130_1777_0008.0.jpg

A Palestinian-American journalist who noted a live report of the protests near Jerusalem suddenly became mysteriously silent, with every tweet being replaced with the message "MariamBarghouti" account. It was temporarily unavailable for violating Twitter's media policy. ”It was a mistake, the company quickly admitted, and her tweet was quickly recovered.But it turns out that part of the incident was not a mistake, although Twitter may have taken action on this person's account by mistake. But there's actually one situation where Twitter reserves

the right to slotxo make your tweets go away, and - if you ask me - that's just awesome.Twitter pointed me to this page, and this particular image is an example of the policy, which seems to be able to go back to October 2017:There policy "Require Media or Profile Editing" reads "If an account profile or media content does not comply with our policies, we may make it temporarily unavailable and require violators to edit media or the information in their profile to comply We also explain what policies their profiles or media content violate.

Or in pure English, if your profile picture, header image, or any other picture you post does not meet Twitter standards, Twitter will not only censor that image. But it might censor your entire account until you fix it.Why does Twitter have to inform people of a bad image in every tweet from the author instead of simply ignoring the image and possibly providing a description? Over the years, we've seen many instances of Twitter opting to label warnings close to offensive and damaging content, a label that still allows people to easily view those tweets.

When I ask this question, a Twitter spokesperson will simply say that the policy is designed to It "better informs people about Twitter's actions," the company declined to speak further.The best explanation I can put together is that this is an old and outdated policy that should have been out of date.Initially, Twitter also limited Barghouti's ability to tweet, tweet, follow and like for 12 hours, according to the screenshot she provided for The Verge.It was unclear why her account was uncensored. Intended to begin with; Twitter was unable to immediately tell if it was a human action or an automated system.