Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

another "help me choose" question

OK I have been reading through the forum off and on for a month or so trying to help my decision. I am only in it for fun, no thoughts of anything more. I just enjoy taking pictures. I currently own a couple of small point and shoot digitals and a fuji s5000. I have had really good luck with the Fuji but would like to step it up a little bit more. I shoot a bit of everything. Outdoors, indoors, the kids, and alot of indoor entertainment shots (concerts, theatrical events, etc...) I am in that business so it's not like I am trying to sneak something in. I also own an older Minolta Maxxum 5000i along with the kit lens it came with and a lower cost Sigma 70-200 . That makes me compatible with the Sony Alpha . At the cost of that camera and the lenses I own should I be ok for the concert type stuff or am I better selling off the minolta package as a set and starting over. I know there is no "best" camera I am just looking for some advice to help weigh it all out.

Thanks

sorry forgot to mention. I would love to keep this under 750...the more under the better

Re: another "help me choose" question

Quote Originally Posted by cflatt
    I currently own a couple of small point and shoot digitals and a fuji s5000. I have had really good luck with the Fuji but would like to step it up a little bit more.
    You mean fuji's not good enough for you?

You've just disappointed this fuji owner :cryin:

Quote Originally Posted by AgingEyes
    You mean fuji's not good enough for you?

You've just disappointed this fuji owner :cryin:

I love my s5000. I just want another step up fo some of my trips

anyone ?????? I have read reviews until my eyes blur...my main question is how well does the sony do in a faster/darker environment as compared to the lower priced canons or nikons...or olympus

Thread Information