• 01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
    cflatt
    another "help me choose" question
    OK I have been reading through the forum off and on for a month or so trying to help my decision. I am only in it for fun, no thoughts of anything more. I just enjoy taking pictures. I currently own a couple of small point and shoot digitals and a fuji s5000. I have had really good luck with the Fuji but would like to step it up a little bit more. I shoot a bit of everything. Outdoors, indoors, the kids, and alot of indoor entertainment shots (concerts, theatrical events, etc...) I am in that business so it's not like I am trying to sneak something in. I also own an older Minolta Maxxum 5000i along with the kit lens it came with and a lower cost Sigma 70-200 . That makes me compatible with the Sony Alpha . At the cost of that camera and the lenses I own should I be ok for the concert type stuff or am I better selling off the minolta package as a set and starting over. I know there is no "best" camera I am just looking for some advice to help weigh it all out.

Thanks

sorry forgot to mention. I would love to keep this under 750...the more under the better
  • 01-27-2008, 03:41 PM
    AgingEyes
    Re: another "help me choose" question
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cflatt
    I currently own a couple of small point and shoot digitals and a fuji s5000. I have had really good luck with the Fuji but would like to step it up a little bit more.

You mean fuji's not good enough for you? :)

You've just disappointed this fuji owner :cryin:
  • 01-28-2008, 06:36 AM
    cflatt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AgingEyes
    You mean fuji's not good enough for you? :)

You've just disappointed this fuji owner :cryin:

I love my s5000. I just want another step up fo some of my trips
  • 01-31-2008, 04:12 PM
    cflatt
    anyone ?????? I have read reviews until my eyes blur...my main question is how well does the sony do in a faster/darker environment as compared to the lower priced canons or nikons...or olympus