Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Canon 400D Vs Olympus E-400

Hello

It's my first post here and i would like to know some thing about the Camera.

I'm looking to buy one of the two. and my doubt its beetwin Canon 400D with a lens Sigma EX 2,8/24-70 DG Macro C/AF and the Olympus E-400 with the Kit 14-42 + 40-150mm.

What is best for a common photograph.

Thanks

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Re: Canon 400D Vs Olympus E-400

Quote Originally Posted by joaoccc
    Hello

It's my first post here and i would like to know some thing about the Camera.

I'm looking to buy one of the two. and my doubt its beetwin Canon 400D with a lens Sigma EX 2,8/24-70 DG Macro C/AF and the Olympus E-400 with the Kit 14-42 + 40-150mm.

What is best for a common photograph.

Thanks
    Neither is best, there is no such thing as a "common photograph." If you mean snapshots of vacations, family, pets, etc. go with a P&S. They are best for those interested in photos and prints and don't care much for all the work a DSLR demands. I use my Canon S400 with great results.

If you chose a DSLR, be ready to do a lot of computer work. With digital, you are the lab technician. DSLRs are not, as some want to believe, just a better P&S. My Canon DSLR does a great job AFTER I work with the images in a photo editor.

Google both cameras and look at the specs to see which one suits your purposes better.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Thread Information