• 03-05-2007, 08:35 AM
    joaoccc
    Canon 400D Vs Olympus E-400
    Hello

It's my first post here and i would like to know some thing about the Camera.

I'm looking to buy one of the two. and my doubt its beetwin Canon 400D with a lens Sigma EX 2,8/24-70 DG Macro C/AF and the Olympus E-400 with the Kit 14-42 + 40-150mm.

What is best for a common photograph.

Thanks
  • 03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
    mwfanelli
    Re: Canon 400D Vs Olympus E-400
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joaoccc
    Hello

It's my first post here and i would like to know some thing about the Camera.

I'm looking to buy one of the two. and my doubt its beetwin Canon 400D with a lens Sigma EX 2,8/24-70 DG Macro C/AF and the Olympus E-400 with the Kit 14-42 + 40-150mm.

What is best for a common photograph.

Thanks

Neither is best, there is no such thing as a "common photograph." If you mean snapshots of vacations, family, pets, etc. go with a P&S. They are best for those interested in photos and prints and don't care much for all the work a DSLR demands. I use my Canon S400 with great results.

If you chose a DSLR, be ready to do a lot of computer work. With digital, you are the lab technician. DSLRs are not, as some want to believe, just a better P&S. My Canon DSLR does a great job AFTER I work with the images in a photo editor.

Google both cameras and look at the specs to see which one suits your purposes better.