Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

D70s vs D200 is it worth the extra bucks

Ok all first I want to thank you for looking at my post as I am sure it will be a litte redundant for a lot of you.

I am starting the research part of my upcoming purchase. This purchase will take place around the beginning of summer. I am probably in the solid Intermediat catagory when it comes to standard Photogerphy. I currently have a N80 body, and my lenses are a 35-70 f2.8 and a 80-210 f 2.8. For flashes i have a Quantum Qflash and turbo battery pack. KNow my question for you all is : Is there enough difference between the D70 and D200 to warrent the extra $$$? I know that there is a 4 megapixel difference between the two that is appealing. The D200 can use most Nikon lens going back to about when i was born, and lastly you can get a vertical grip for the D200.

My subject matter is usually family a few weddings for freinds and nature/climbing. Any sugestions or experiance would be great. I know there is limited info on the D200 that i was able to find but hopefully some of you would have a little more.

Once again Thank you
    MajjaI am starting the research part of my upcoming purchase. This purchase will take place around the beginning of summer. I am probably in the solid Intermediate category when it comes to standard Photography. I currently have a N80 body, and my lenses are a 35-70 f2.8 and an 80-210 f 2.8. For flashes I have a Quantum Qflash and turbo battery pack. Know my question for you all is: Is there enough difference between the D70 and D200 to warrant the extra $$$? I know that there is a 4-mega-pixel difference between the two that is appealing. The D200 can use most Nikon lens going back to about when I was born, and lastly you can get a vertical grip for the D200.

My subject matter is usually family a few weddings for friends and nature/climbing. Any suggestions or experience would be great. I know there is limited info on the D200 that I was able to find but hopefully some of you would have a little more.

Once again thank you
    Majja

edited for spelling
    Last edited by Majja; 12-07-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Re: Please help the semi noob

This is a shameless bump. Know that teh D200 has been out are their any opnions on the issue to go with a D200 vs a D70s.

Thank You.
    Majja

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Re: Please help the semi noob

Check out the reviews section of this website. I can't help you because I shoot Canon, so I know nothing about Nikon.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Thread Information