Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Please Help Me

Please Help Me

First, let me say I would consider myself a beginner to casual photographer with aspirations of being better. I am self learning with the help of some books and the internet. Currently I have a Nikon N65 with a 28-80 and 80-300 (or something like that, I am not 100% positive). Anyway, I have been thinking/wanting to go digital for eas of use. I know have a new motivation to make the upgrade, I am going to Antigua this June to get married and want to take alot of pictures. I am unsure which camera to get between the d50 and d70 or d70s (not sure what the difference is between the 70 and 70s). I am sure you have heard these debates and get asked all the time but it would really help me out. Also, any lense (reasonable priced, I am paying for all of the wedding and everything else) recommendations would help me alot.

Thanks

Joe

Re: Please Help Me

The D70 has been discontinued and replaced by the D70s. It has a bigger LCD screen and a place to plug in a remote (versus the wireless on the D70, and I see that as an advantage). I'm not familiar enough with either to tell you a whole lot about them, but I know of people that are very happy with the D50. I think it uses SD memory cards where most other DSLR's use Compact Flash cards.

Probably not a big deal to you, but I wouldn't get one just for that reason - I have a ton of c/f cards and wouldn't want to have to buy a bunch of new memory cards. We'll probably see more SD cards in SLR's in the future though. One isn't any better than the other, just a different format.

Thread Information