Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Angry Photo Issues, Help Im lost

Hello everyone. I am going to display 2 photos that i did that i cannot figure out what went wrong. You will notice the Light bursts on them at different ares. The first one look at the head. Theres a small light burst in cete. It was shot with a Canon 40D at 2.8 Ap and 500 ISO. The second, look at the knee, it has the same sort of light burst. Shot almost the same as the first. Is this an isue with my camera or the user? Any help would be welcomed. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Issues, Help Im lost-img_0159a.jpg   Photo Issues, Help Im lost-img_0162a.jpg  

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: Photo Issues, Help Im lost

It might just be some stray light rays bouncing around inside the lens. You could try shooting a different subject and not the tree and see if it happens again.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Do you have a filter on the front of the lense - this can cause similar problems.

If you do try removing the filter and see if it still happens.

What lens are you using?

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Yup, he's using a UV filter on his 70-200mm f/2.8 IS lens. This is a cross post from the critique forum.

Is it me or my camera?

Please only post your question in 1 forum. A question like this would best be asked in the help forum.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Yep - filters and high contrast (low light levels with burning light bulbs in the frame) will do that. Take off the filter, use the hood and all should be fine.

Thread Information