Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Newbie Here..

Newbie Here..

Hey guys, I am new to the world of photography and Digital SLR cameras. I am looking to buy one, but for one i dont want to rush into it. I want to take my time and do my HW.

I am looking for an SLR camera where I can just take some nice outdoor pictures and pictures while on vacation. I have a beautiful 6 month old niece and will use it mostly on her. I would also like to take 1080P HD Video

What type of camera should i get? Nikon? Canon? About how many MegaPixels should give me a good quality photo but that wont cost a ridicilious amount? where can i go to read up on the differences between them? is there like a newbie guide?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Newbie Here..

Here is a list of the dslr cameras that have video capability.

Some questions: Why do you want a dslr as opposed to a good point and shoot?
    What is your budget?

It is really good that you don't have pre-conceived notions on which brand is better because they're all good and also that you want to do your homework before you buy.
    Too many just see a cool ad, go into a chain store and buy whatever the convincing sales person pushes off on them.
    Keep coming back. Those with more expertise than I will give good advice.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information