Newbie Here..

Printable View

• 05-18-2010, 07:22 AM
    dcb284
    Newbie Here..
    Hey guys, I am new to the world of photography and Digital SLR cameras. I am looking to buy one, but for one i dont want to rush into it. I want to take my time and do my HW.

I am looking for an SLR camera where I can just take some nice outdoor pictures and pictures while on vacation. I have a beautiful 6 month old niece and will use it mostly on her. I would also like to take 1080P HD Video

What type of camera should i get? Nikon? Canon? About how many MegaPixels should give me a good quality photo but that wont cost a ridicilious amount? where can i go to read up on the differences between them? is there like a newbie guide?
  • 05-18-2010, 08:03 AM
    Frog
    Re: Newbie Here..
    Here is a list of the dslr cameras that have video capability.

Some questions: Why do you want a dslr as opposed to a good point and shoot?
    What is your budget?

It is really good that you don't have pre-conceived notions on which brand is better because they're all good and also that you want to do your homework before you buy.
    Too many just see a cool ad, go into a chain store and buy whatever the convincing sales person pushes off on them.
    Keep coming back. Those with more expertise than I will give good advice.