Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: New to DSLR

New to DSLR

hey guys, I've been browsing the forum and found some really helpful information about shooting with a DLSR. I recently purchased a Canon Rebel Xsi kit and an extra EF-S telephoto 250mm lens. I've mostly just been playing around with it to get the feel of it and I really enjoy the quality of the pictures it produces. I was wondering if there was any good publications anyone could suggest that I can pick up or good websites (aside from this forum) to help me understand all the functions of a DSLR better and what types of photography they are best suited for.
    thanks in advance

Re: New to DSLR

Pick up Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

This is a good book to have also. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photog..._bxgy_b_text_b
    You might also want to look at a book more specific for your camera, XSi, like this. http://www.amazon.com/David-Buschs-C...4335293&sr=1-1
    But over all I would go and look thru the books myself to see if that is indeed the book for you.

James

BTW, welcome to the forum

Website wise, there's Tips from the Top Floor. You can also listen to his podcast and when he's a guest of the Leo Laporte Show.

thanks for the input guys.

Thread Information