Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: hello

Smile hello

hi guys
    I would just like to introduce myself as a newby i joined this forum in the hope that i may get help with the new equipment I have just got.
    I started with a olympus OM10 35 m film then onto digital pic taking with a fuji finepics s602z and got what i called reasonable pics without the hassle of altering them on computer so me being a smart ass went to upgrade to my canon 350d with desaster russ results :cryin: the pics where grainy, dull ,miserable looking, and so hence I need to learn any help will be greatfully received
    Will :mad2:

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Re: hello

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper
    hi guys
    I would just like to introduce myself as a newby i joined this forum in the hope that i may get help with the new equipment I have just got.
    I started with a olympus OM10 35 m film then onto digital pic taking with a fuji finepics s602z and got what i called reasonable pics without the hassle of altering them on computer so me being a smart ass went to upgrade to my canon 350d with desaster russ results :cryin: the pics where grainy, dull ,miserable looking, and so hence I need to learn any help will be greatfully received
    Will :mad2:
    A DSLR is completely different than a P&S camera. Their images pretty much require post processing . Companies, especially Canon, leave the images "plain", ready for you to do what you want. A P&S does whatever it wants in-camera without your help.

Post examples of your "bad" 350D images so we can see exactly what you are getting.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Re: hello

will do when i work out how to post my pics
    one shot
    one focus
    one click
    doh!!!!

Thread Information