Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Sigma Wide angle zoom review the 8-16mm HSM

Hi!
    I was searching for a review of the new Sigma 8-16mm HSM when I realized that I might be one of the first to own this lens since I didn't find any reviews.

However since I already run a photo website as a hobby I decided to try to
    write my own review the result can be found here: The Sigma 8-16mm F4.5 - 5.6 HSM review slugger style!

Re: Sigma Wide angle zoom review the 8-16mm HSM

That's a very nice, detailed review. I am impressed with the amount of optical testing you did. I think you did a great job and it's a very useful review. I would be very pleased if you would also write a user review here, though. User reviews are the foundation of this site and if we don't have any Sigma 8-16mm lens reviews yet, your review would be that much more valuable. You could also include the URL for your own review in the user review

Here's a link for the Sigma 8-16mm user reviews page: http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...1_3128crx.aspx

Thanks for sharing your review and thanks in advance for writing a user review for the new lens. I hope we'll see more of you here!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Agreed, very good review. The difference between 8 and 10mm as you show is pretty significant. I wonder what it would look like on a full frame body. Wonder how big the vignetting would be.

I agree, its a useful review and thank you but I think the sample pictures are doctored, I could see sharpening artifacts in them including the one above. when it comes to camera and lens reviews I prefer seeing the original images without processing. I could be wrong.

Thread Information