Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

I got some upgrading done

Upgrading my D50 to a D90. I am really stoked to get this camera and start shooting. Of course once I started shopping I went all the way and picked up the Nikon 18-200 VRII as well to replace the 18-70 lens. So my bag now has the D90, 18-200 and 50mm 1.8 for fun and games. My wife is going to kill me

Anyways, I bought the camera from adorama and I got a nice price but not sure how I got it. Im wondering if it was a special with the 18-200 lens or because I got there through a website, I have no idea. Its not grey market, used, or refurbished. I guess I'll hear from them if they cant honor the price($770). I havent been able to reproduce the price either. Any ideas?

Re: I got some upgrading done

When Nikon announced the original 18-200mm VR lens, all of us non-Nikon outdoor shooters were very jealous. Now Canon has one, too. I've been using it for over a year now and I love it. It's the best lens on the bike or skis when you want to travel light. It should serve you well. I recommend that lens (Nikon or Canon) to tons of people.

What happened with the Adorama price? Sometimes the price is lower when you add it to the shopping cart because it's lower then they're allowed to advertise. Maybe that's what happened?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    When Nikon announced the original 18-200mm VR lens, all of us non-Nikon outdoor shooters were very jealous. Now Canon has one, too. I've been using it for over a year now and I love it. It's the best lens on the bike or skis when you want to travel light. It should serve you well. I recommend that lens (Nikon or Canon) to tons of people.

What happened with the Adorama price? Sometimes the price is lower when you add it to the shopping cart because it's lower then they're allowed to advertise. Maybe that's what happened?
    Im not really sure but I got the price even though I cant reproduce the price if I go back and order again. They also added 3 day select shipping because I ordered over the Easter weekend which was pretty nice. Good company!

Quote Originally Posted by yetishot
    Good company!
    Oh yeah, Adorama is among the best. They're right up there with B&H. Aside from my local pro dealer, Adorama and B&H are my top two choices when I need to buy something.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information