Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
    More eagerness than skills.. rzozaya1969's Avatar

How to pack a camera????

Hi, yesterday I got my first DSLR camera, and got a small luggage that can carry it either with the lens mounted, or the body and lens appart. What's the safest way to carry them?

Thanks!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: How to pack a camera????

Congratulations on your first DSLR purchase. I keep a lens on my DSLR all the time. I find it makes things much easier for me, and helps to keep dust out of the inside of the camera. If I were to keep the body cap on it while it's in the bag, that is an extra time I have to change my lens and increase the chance of dust getting inside. If the lens is already on the camera, you don't have to worry about that.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Congratulations on your first DSLR purchase. I keep a lens on my DSLR all the time. I find it makes things much easier for me, and helps to keep dust out of the inside of the camera. If I were to keep the body cap on it while it's in the bag, that is an extra time I have to change my lens and increase the chance of dust getting inside. If the lens is already on the camera, you don't have to worry about that.
    Thanks!!!

also, I like your signature

I always have the lens on my cameras. The time required to put the lens on might mean a lost photo opportunity. Some photographer go so far as to not even use lens caps, so they can always be ready to shoot. They just use a filter instead.

What camera did you buy and why?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I always have the lens on my cameras. The time required to put the lens on might mean a lost photo opportunity. Some photographer go so far as to not even use lens caps, so they can always be ready to shoot. They just use a filter instead.

What camera did you buy and why?
    Thanks! I got the Sony Alpha A100, and mainly because I liked the review you posted. I was looking also at a Nikon D70, but it was a little more expensive and I think (I didn't really checked) that it didn't have the image stabilizer stuff.

I got a nice price and 13 month to pay offer on the Sony, which I didn't for the Nikon, so I went for the Sony.

I think you'll be very happy with the Sony. I loved it for street photography and anywhere that low light was an issue. I really try to avoid using flash and the Sony was great for low light photos. If you want lenses, make sure to check eBay and other used sources for Konica Minolta lenses. The demand has gone up, but there are lots out there and lots of Sony owners are buying and loving them.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information