Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Which to get, D50 or Canon Rebel XT

im stuck with a problem right now, im looking to buy one of these cameras very soon, within this week. But i have to decide which to get.

D50 vs Canon Rebel XT.

1. If i get the D50, i will get it with the stock 18-5mm stock lens, and probably get the nikon 50mm in f1.4 or f1.8

2. If i get the Canon Rebel XT, i will buy only the BODY, since the kit lens is horrible, and i will get the Canon EF 50mm f1.4

Which should i get? And why? Both are reali good, which is why its reali hard for me to decide. So please help me out to solve this complication of mine. Thanks alot.

Re: Which to get, D50 or Canon Rebel XT

I would recommend Nikon D50. It is solidly built, good layout, better grip. You can feel it. Ofcourse Canon has better Color scheme but look and feel as like plastic toy on your hand. Also kit lens 18-55mm is fantastic. I would recomend Nikon D50..Very good choice..

Thread Information