Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: FourThirds Technology for DSLR Camera

When I correct shots form the Canon 100-400 IS, I find the chromatic aberration adjustment that I apply in Lightroom is not constant from shot to shot when the IS is turned on.
    Now firstly, it's such a tiny aberration that most people wouldn't care.
    Secondly the error is small, it changes the amount of correction but not the direction.
    I check it at 100% on a 24" WXGA screen, because the images are going to an agency at full resolution.
    At print size up to 8x12 I wouldn't bother.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by viewfinder.2007
    You may be offended or **** up with the thread exchanges. You must understand what the forum fairly like to discuss in open minded people. You may be having DSLR based on 3/2 sensor format - an old proven technology. The world is continuously changing as well as technologies in various industry like digital photography.

If you cant take what the discussion in this room....better to get matured more. And dont show up you bad attitude in this forum.
    This is probably the nicest, most open photography forum you'll find. I'm actually a fan of the Four Thirds system. But I don't think just because it's new it's the greatest thing ever. New does not automatically equal good. I get to use all of the cameras and I've been recommending Olympus, Pentax, and Sony DSLRs to new buyers because of the sensor-level image stabilization. But I don't think just because they're using new technology they're better across the board. They're great choices for people who don't need the pure image quality or deep systems that Canon and Nikon offer, though. And the in-camera IS does mean better photos right out of the box.

I think it's great that we have so many options right now. As far as Four Thirds technology goes, I like it because it makes really small cameras and lenses with lots of reach possible. I love the E-510 for travel, biking, skiing, backpacking, etc. But for pure image quality I still have to go with Canon or Nikon. And not all Four Thirds cameras are so special. The Panasonic and Leica DSLRs are actually pretty chunky. The Panasonic and Leica image stabilized SLR lenses are huge! And the E-3 isn't tiny like the E-510, either. It's just about exactly the same size as a Canon EOS 40D.

So far, Mr. Viewfinder, you're the only one here who appears to have a serious bias. The rest of us are all interested in a real open discussion about the different digital SLR platforms. What did you shoot with before you had an E-510? What do you like about the other camera systems? What do you think about full-frame sensors?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    When I correct shots form the Canon 100-400 IS, I find the chromatic aberration adjustment that I apply in Lightroom is not constant from shot to shot when the IS is turned on.
    Now firstly, it's such a tiny aberration that most people wouldn't care.
    Secondly the error is small, it changes the amount of correction but not the direction.
    I check it at 100% on a 24" WXGA screen, because the images are going to an agency at full resolution.
    At print size up to 8x12 I wouldn't bother.
    You don't get changes in adjustment requirements at different focal lengths? I would think that there should be some changes in CA as you zoom in or out. I would like to see the results of useing a similar lens on an in-camera IS system at various focal lengths with the images examined at full resolution.

Not finding fault with your post, but wondering if the moving sensor would result in shifts of some type. PJ, if you have access to the proper equipment could you maybe do an experiment? Might be interesting.
    The world is full of people who can hear a loud bang, feel a sharp pain in their foot, notice smoke trickling from their holster........ And never put it all together.

Canon EOS Rebel XT DSLR; Canon EOS Rebel K2 35 mm SLR, Canon Powershot S5IS Compact; Canon Photura 35 mm P&S (Definitely not compact. Probably the best 35 P&S ever)

Hi to all,

Firstly, thank you to all your inputs and feedback to this thread. Your constructive inputs helps me to evaluate the new Olympus E3 in the market through your personal and professional sharing and experiences in digital photography.

I just found that in this forum, there are many owners and users of popular Canon, Nikon, Olympus and other good DSLR cameras. Even the P&S compact cameras. Though there were no enough clearer systematic comparison on product technology of each model and brand they all contribute to balance and weights to my survey of my two preferred model and brand of DSLR cameras - D300 or E3. I neither a promoter or in connection of any DSLR camera manufacturers. I'm just like those thousands of interested owner or users of DSLR camera who are exploring more in the world of digital photography. Pros and cons are shared and features with few evidence or sample in this thread. But found interesting shares of inputs from other sites ... like dpreview.com that could add more weight to same DSLRs. Technology wise, both are good engineered DSLR cameras with unique features that defines their capacity and performance in every kinds of photography. Why not Canon or Pentax or Sony? The quality of photos and performance of camera will depend to preferences of the individual enduser or photographer's skills and experience.

Again thank to all.
    ViewFinder 2007
    You Never Shoot Alone in the World of Digital Photography.
    http://viewfinder2007.multiply.com/photos
    http://www.flickr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    This is probably the nicest, most open photography forum you'll find. I'm actually a fan of the Four Thirds system. But I don't think just because it's new it's the greatest thing ever. New does not automatically equal good. I get to use all of the cameras and I've been recommending Olympus, Pentax, and Sony DSLRs to new buyers because of the sensor-level image stabilization. But I don't think just because they're using new technology they're better across the board. They're great choices for people who don't need the pure image quality or deep systems that Canon and Nikon offer, though. And the in-camera IS does mean better photos right out of the box.

I think it's great that we have so many options right now. As far as Four Thirds technology goes, I like it because it makes really small cameras and lenses with lots of reach possible. I love the E-510 for travel, biking, skiing, backpacking, etc. But for pure image quality I still have to go with Canon or Nikon. And not all Four Thirds cameras are so special. The Panasonic and Leica DSLRs are actually pretty chunky. The Panasonic and Leica image stabilized SLR lenses are huge! And the E-3 isn't tiny like the E-510, either. It's just about exactly the same size as a Canon EOS 40D.

So far, Mr. Viewfinder, you're the only one here who appears to have a serious bias. The rest of us are all interested in a real open discussion about the different digital SLR platforms. What did you shoot with before you had an E-510? What do you like about the other camera systems? What do you think about full-frame sensors?
    Was a user of Nikon FG and and Canon AE-1 35mm Film Cameras ...
    ViewFinder 2007
    You Never Shoot Alone in the World of Digital Photography.
    http://viewfinder2007.multiply.com/photos
    http://www.flickr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by viewfinder.2007
    Was a user of Nikon FG and and Canon AE-1 35mm Film Cameras ...
    Still didn't provide an answer to the question that PJ asked.
    The world is full of people who can hear a loud bang, feel a sharp pain in their foot, notice smoke trickling from their holster........ And never put it all together.

Canon EOS Rebel XT DSLR; Canon EOS Rebel K2 35 mm SLR, Canon Powershot S5IS Compact; Canon Photura 35 mm P&S (Definitely not compact. Probably the best 35 P&S ever)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information