Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Fireworks Video On Digital Slr

I am looking for ANY digital camera, SLR, point&shoot that takes decent videos of fireworks. I've gone through several cameras and filmed fireworks displays and the fireworks turn out totally lousy--they don't look like videos as seen through the human eye. I've used a Sony point&shoot 3.2 megapixel -forget about it; I've borrowed other point & shoot cameras (Samsung) forget about it and bought a 9.0 Fuji SLR and took videos of fireworks displays -- forget it. I'm looking for any type of camera that can take the most realistic videos of fireworks displays. I'm Trish at trish_mc@yahoo.com

Re: Fireworks Video On Digital Slr

Trish-
    This may be a lot more complicated of a request than you realize. There's a lot going on in the human brain. We don't just see things. The eye is a sensor and most of what we experience as seeing actually happens in the brain, where the data is interpreted. And to make a device that is as sensitive as the eye and can interpret as well and mimic the brain - well, that's a might tall order.

Are you looking for video or still photos, or both? What is it that you don't like about the video and/or photos that you've taken before? If it's video your concerned with, maybe you should post on our digital video forum. As in still photography, a lot of the time, the problem lies with the technique and not with the camera. If you've seen fireworks thhat look good on TV or in the movies, then it's probably doable.

Give us some more information and maybe we can give you some better direction. And you should consider removing your e-mail address from your post. E-mail spammers "scrape" visible e-mail addresses from the Web and put you on their spam lists. Better to keep it private.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks, John. I see fireworks displays on tv and they look so realistic, not like rounded blobs that my digital videos of fireworks displays turn out to look like. I am tired of wasting money and know that there is a good digital SLR or any other digital camera out there that can take great looking fireworks video.

Trish-
    I moved your other post the digital video forum. I should have given you a link before. Here's a link to that forum now: http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=28

I'm not aware of any digital SLRs that will capture video. They're very purpose-built cameras and meant only for capturing the best quality still images. My guess is that you need to invest in a dedicated digital video camera. We have a really great video forum moderator who really knows his stuff. I'm sure he can help.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information