Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

From FE2 to D200?

Hi, I have resisting moving over to digital as I have been very happy with my FE2 and film. However...the time has come and I am considering the D200. I am hearing conflicting information regarding weather my old lenses will work well on the D200. Any input would be most appreciated!

MB1

Re: From FE2 to D200?

Nikon does a good job of making sure their lenses work with the new bodies so you ought to be fine. Do note however, that the appearant length of your lenses will seem to be 1.5 times longer shooting with the D200 than they are when shooting film because the digital sensor is smaller than 35mm film.

In other words a 50mm lens shooting digital will yield an image that a 75mm lens would shooting film. Good for telephoto shooters, not so good for wide angle users.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Re: From FE2 to D200?

Welcome to PR Here's a lens compatibility chart to let you know what lenses will work with what bodies and what functionality they will have...

http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Thread Information