Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
    project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Entry leverl dslr

We get many questions about which entry level dslr to get .

B&H has done a good tutorial on the offerings and reasons to go to a dslr as opposed to a good P&S.

The overall advantages of the entry level dslr is explained and then a comparison of the features of the 4 manufacturer's offerings. Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Pentax.
    A good read for those considering going to an entry level dslr.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/find/n...evel-DSLRs.jsp
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Re: Entry leverl dslr

It`s a shame they left out Olympus, being my first DSLR I am very happy with it and went over my expectations of quality and ease of control.

Good linky Frog :thumbsup:

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I should have noticed that. I think it is because the Olympus cameras are so advanced that even if they are easy to use they can't be called beginner dslr......or something like that.

just a little brown nosing the Oly people
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I should have noticed that. I think it is because the Olympus cameras are so advanced that even if they are easy to use they can't be called beginner dslr......or something like that.
    That could be true. The Olympus cameras do offer an awful lot of features and functionality. I guess it depends on how you determine "entry-level." Is it based on price-point or feature set? If I made an entry-level DSLR camera guide (and I should), it would be price biased and Olympus would definitely be included. However, maybe them being left out of the B&H guide points to a hole in their marketing strategy. Maybe Olympus needs to make a camera that's targeted at the entry-level DSLR buyer. Or do they want to push that person towards the E-P1...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I am also digital marketing expert and looking for any DSLR camera for video but here you are sharing such a wonderful ideas. You can get lead generation blog to learn more ways to make wealth. And i am looking for the experienced and expert electrician that can i hire. And he worked permanently for me. And i am glad that finally i got him.

Thread Information