Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Digital cameras or DSLR?

First of all, I would let you know that I really like photography; however, I don’t have that many skills which make me a professional.

Now I am planning to buy a new camera. I was thinking to buy a Canon A3300IS , Sony DSC-W570, or Sony H55. I was that close to buy one of them but many professionals said things in a way changed my mind.

Now I understand that Mega Pixels is not everything. So it’s like that 12 mega pixels is pretty enough and no point to go more (like 16 MP). What I should really think about is the macro, sensor etc.

At this point, I started to know that the DSLR cameras can be used. Well I thought that they are only used by professionals.

Now if I want to buy a SLR camera what do you suggest and what do you recommend me? Considering the above story!. And say that maximum range is £400; some says I have to try the Compact Camera System (NEX) (also known as interchangeable lens cameras) like Samsung Samsung NX100 Compact System Camera with 20-50mm Lens, cuz they are much easier to use and cheaper than the actual DSLR.

Plz help me in that to decide and pick up one….

Re: Digital cameras or DSLR?

The camera is just a tool.

What do you want to do with it?
    What subjects?
    What lighting conditions?
    What is the maximum size print that you want to make?
    Are you prepared to take the time to learn how to use the thing or do you just want a point-and-shoot?
    Are size and weight important to you? Can the camera be big and cumbersome?
    Are you prepared to spend more money on accessories like lenses and flashes?

A DSLR is the best tool for making pictures. Lots of amateurs have them. However to get the most out of a DSLR you have to learn how to use it.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Thread Information