Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

d40 or fujis2pro

I have about 200 pound to spend on a camera. originally idecided to go with the Nikon D40 for 200 new, but today i saw a second hand fujis2pro.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujis2pro/

A camera which cost close to 2000 pounds about 4-5 years ago, bearing in mind my previouscams have been 100 pound digital jobbies from argos its a big leap i know.

Anyway this fuji is going for 149 pounds!

So basically my question is do you think i should spend the 200 on the a new D40, or should i buy the 2nd hand fuji? which comes with a 6 month warranty?

is that fujii STILL going to be better camera than that D40, despite the fact that it was relesed in 2002 and the D40 in 2006.

I would app any input, I'm pretty clueless as like I said my previous cams have been cheapy digital ones from argos.

Thanks
    James

Re: d40 or fujis2pro

I think that if you are interested in a Fuji dslr, you should at least consider the S5. But if money is a concern (the price of a S5 has dropped a lot though), may be you cannot afford to have that option. Still, considering that the D40 came out in 2006 and the S2 in 2002, I would expect the technologies used in the D40 to be more up-to-date and allow the camera to give you better results (haven't looked at any reviews of both cameras). Case in point is, according to DxO mark, the D700 has a better sensor than the D3

My $0.02.

Thread Information