Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
    Poorman with Nikon D80 bordersandflags's Avatar

Choosing a Digital SLR

Hi. I am deciding to buy a digital slr (finally!). I own a few canon lenses and a 550ex flash. Should i go with the Rebel Xt or do you think i should consider other cameras?

I can't weight out my options..its so hard.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Re: Choosing a Digital SLR

Quote Originally Posted by bordersandflags
    Hi. I am deciding to buy a digital slr (finally!). I own a few canon lenses and a 550ex flash. Should i go with the Rebel Xt or do you think i should consider other cameras?

The Rebel will be more than enough. I have the original and I'm still happy with it in spite of the EOS-3 I used in my film days. The new Rebel is better than the one I have.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Liz

Go for it!

Both the Rebel 300D and the 350 XT are awesome. I upgraded from the 300D to the 350 because it is lighter weight, but it also has more features, and is faster. However, I must say that the 300D is an excellent camera. I was always more than happy with the results I got.

You can pretty good deals on both these cameras now. Excellent choice IMO.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by bordersandflags

Thread Information