Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Which camera bag do you use & why?

I am curious which camera bag you use & why you chose it.

What are the most important features to you?
    Are there any features you wish your bag included?

--
    Cheers,
    Jennifer

Re: Which camera bag do you use & why?

I use a Lowepro Fastpack 200, here's my review for it here http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...9_3139crx.aspx

I bought it because I wanted a backpack style that didn't scream "camera bag please steal me" and that had room for more than just camera equipment. The fastpack series is 1/2 camera bag 1/2 backpack. Probably the feature I like most is not having to totally take it off to get the camera out. The only features I'd like to see are more velcro spots for the dividers so that they could be configured in more ways.

I've used lots of camera bags. I almost only use backpacks because they generally hold more and I do a lot of outdoor photography. They're also much better for your spinal health than shoulder bags. For the past year I've been using a Lowepro pack. But I've also used Tamrac and Think Tank backpacks. Truthfully, I liked all three just fine. The Lowepro has a built-in rain cover, which I think is nice. But I don't think any one of those packs was significantly better than the other.

A pack I have been really excited about is the Clik Elite Medium Nature. Clik Elite designs camera bags specifically for outdoor and action sports photographers. The Medium nature has been wonderful for me for mountain bike photography. I've never had anything that comes close. So far it's the only one their packs that I've used. But I really like what they're doing and I'm looking forward to trying more of their stuff. I think they're really doing something special.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I would consider either an F-Stop bag or a Crumpler bag. Both companies do a good job of protecting your gear. I have the F-Stop Satori bag and the Crumpler Whickey and Cox bag. If you are looking for an in town bag I would go with the Crumpler. On the other hand if you wanted an outdoor photography bag I would say hands down you should go with F-Stop, but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by paulhailes
    I would consider either an F-Stop bag or a Crumpler bag. Both companies do a good job of protecting your gear. I have the F-Stop Satori bag and the Crumpler Whickey and Cox bag. If you are looking for an in town bag I would go with the Crumpler. On the other hand if you wanted an outdoor photography bag I would say hands down you should go with F-Stop, but thats just me.
    I just got an F-Stop in for review and I'm looking forward to using it. But I am really blown away by by both the product and the attitude of Clik Elite. You should check their stuff out
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

It's not so much a bag, but my gear lives and travels in a Pelican 1400 case which I added a shoulder strap to. I chose it because I do a lot of action sports, and when you're on the infield of the motocross it's handy to be able to drop/throw/kick the thing around and know that the contents will be fine. After a year it's looking a little worse for wear but has never let me down. It even spent a night in the rain in the back of a bogged ute.

For going to social events, it gets a few funny looks, but no-one really worries about it - and in a pinch it makes a great seat, like when waiting trackside for the next race. It also makes a good stool for shooting over people's heads. And when I go riding myself I don't have to worry about there being pulverised camera all over the trail if I crash.

Really I guess it's just a matter of whether you can put up with the not-so-subtle nature of it - the latches are loud to close and it does stand out a little, but the scratches and stains on it attest to it's better capabilities in my opinion.

im looking at buying a bag, was looking at the lowepro 190 AW, is it worth the extra bit of money to get a backpack?
    i saw the Kata DR-467, anyone use this? it looks a good bag!

Thread Information