Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
    Jon

Question Assignment Suggestions - I have a theme!

I have read previous posts about assignment topics (and similarly - being new to this site - I am not sure if this is the best forum) but I had an idea that I wish to expand. At least with a firm topic for an assignment you don't get "as" tempted to wander off subject and snap anything that either does or doesn't move!

The subject is People and the topic I had in mind was "Waiting". As I am developing a keen interest in photographing people I wanted to explore this one further. I am searching for ideas expanding the notion of "Waiting". This could include:
    • waiting for a bus
    • waiting for a train
    • waiting to die (Old folks homes)
    • waiting a turn (games)
    • waiting on the bench (sports)

Does anyone have any further suggestions not only to add to the list but to explore aspects of each?

I'm gonna do it!

Thanks in advance. Jon

Re: Assignment Suggestions - I have a theme!

Welcome to the site. A very good idea - especially for a first post. "Waiting," is a great sbject. And you left one out - waiting on tables (like a waiter or waitress does.) I think you're going to get along well here. And while you're thinking about assignments, maybe you should take a look at our Photo Project >>
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Great idea for an assignment, and welcome to the site. You might get more responses for a question like this in Viewfinder, but give it a day or two here and you should have some more ideas. Can't think of any others at the moment other than waiting for the weather to clear (construction people, farmers, etc) or waiting for paint to dry (wet paint signs, etc). I'll bet that once you get started, the ideas will roll in. Let us know how it goes!

Jon

Thanks guys! It's one I have been thinking about for quite a while now so I thought I'd move on it. Thanks for the redirect to "Viewfinder" - makes sense really! I want to plan the assignment thoroughly before I set off you see. Regards

Jon

Hi John,

Welcome to the site. I had this same idea once before, but never followed through.

Other suggestions:

waiting in line
    waiting in traffic (or for a light to change)
    waiting by the phone
    waiting to get off work

Let us see your results.

Paul

Thread Information