Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thumbs up Anticipated purchase any input??

I have my mind made up as to what camera I am wanting to get planned purchase early Febuary... Here is the camera I plan on getting..I went to best buy and got my hands on a few and this is the one I really liked and is my planned purchase.
    Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T1i 15.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera the camera itself comes with the ◦EF-S 18-55mm lens. I will be purchasing the 55-250mm and I am also going to purchase the canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro plus a flash any other suggestions that I should purchase along with everything else i plan on purchasing.

This will be my first DSLR camera.

Re: Anticipated purchase any input??

I'm excited for you! That's quite a kit for a first-time DSLR owner

Why don't you tell us what you plan to do with the camera? What kinds of stuff will you be shooting? Knowing that will help us to better help you. Oh yeah - and what is your budget? It's easy to spend other peoples' money. Knowing how much you really have to spend will make sure we're realistic and don't recommend you buy a $5000 lens if you can't afford it
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I plan on taking pictures of wildlife turkey,bobcat,deer,ducks etc,Pictures of family,pets,dog,birds (I also breed cockateils) Have a blue and gold macaw. I also plan on taking pictures of family (my children etc) Pretty much everything lol. I am figuring on spending about $2500 or so and the reason I am sticking with canon is if i upgrade my camera body the lenses are interchangeable and that to me is a great selling point. I also like the photo quality of canon.

anything else you all would recommend im all new to this, but have been reading up on it alot.

i am in a very similar situation to you, i am in the UK, i have bin looking into getting my fist DSLR for about 6 months now, first i was looking at the 500D/T1i. then a few months ago the canon 7D came out and i loved it! it did every thing the 500D did but better and faster, had to sacrifice some lenses for the better body but i was prepared to do that! then, i realised and remembered im still a beginer! lol this post helped me realise that! i have looked into that lense set a little and it looks beautiful!
    my one question is why the 60mm? i have been told the 50mm is an amazing deal.
    also i was originally goin to get either the tamron 70-300mm or the 18-200mm, would they be as good quality as the canon 55-250?

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Sounds like you've made up your mind. I'd like to know your reasonings on those specific lenses. Perhaps that will enable others to make any other recommendations.

It also sounds like a lot to buy all at once. Unless you are under a tight time constraint, I would recommending using each new piece thoroughly before buying the next piece. Otherwise, you could end up with 3 lenses all of which you won't particularly like. I'm not saying that about these specific lenses - just a generalization.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Thread Information