Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Cool 2X Extenders & Canon 100MM f2.8 lens

I was set to buy a Canon 2X extender for my 100MM F2.8 Canon lens only to find the lens not listed on the B&H compatibility chart. Any ideas on why the new extender won't work on this lens?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: 2X Extenders & Canon 100MM f2.8 lens

I think it has to do with the design of the TC. The Canon 2x TC has an end that stick out, and fits inside the lens a little bit. Perhaps there isn't enough clearance on the 100mm f/2.8. I was considering buying the Canon 2x TC for my Sigma 170-500mm lens, and it wouldn't work on that lens either. If you have a Canon dealer near you, I would take the lens in, and have them show you why it won't work.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: 2X Extenders & Canon 100MM f2.8 lens

I will confirm that. The Canon tele-extenders only work with selected L lenses. I think a lot of our nature forum photographers are using Kenko tele-extenders. That would be my first choice if I wanted to use lens that didn't work with the Canon extenders.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information