Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Would like your opinion on my interesting problem

Hi everybody.
    I have fujifilm finepix s8000fd digital camera. It's falls into the category of what's known as a bridging camera I think. It has a fixed 18x zoom lens. Here is the problem-or non-problem perhaps?. I noticed a couple of days ago a black shaded halo or corona or ring in the centre of my lcd screen. When I played back/reviewed the pictures in the camera the shaded ring is apparently still there. I did some googling on this and came away thinking I probably have dust or condensation on my photosensor. So I rang a few repair shops and arranged to visit the next day. I decided to off load any pictures on my memory card onto my computer and discovered to my surprise and delight that the black shadow ring or halo is not present on the pictures when they are replayed back on the computer. Which leads me to wonder if the shadow ring showing up on the camera is more to do with the lcd screen than the photo sensor????? Obviously it's not dust or condensation on the photosensor if the anomaly is not showing up on the photos played back on my computer screen. Any comments or opinions welcomed. And any views on whether I need a new lcd screen on the camera and what it might cost. I can live the hardly noticable shadow on the camera if I know my actual photos will not be affected. Thanks.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Would like your opinion on my interesting problem

Best advice is to take it to a camera repair shop. Regardless of what part may have to be replaced if even posible, I would think that the repair cost would not be too far off from it's origional value.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Re: Would like your opinion on my interesting problem

Yep. Ok thanks for that, volks.

Thread Information