Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Wich camera and where to buy?

Hi guys,
    I am new to photography, I am looking to purchase my first SLR, i was recommended the D80. Is this the best camera for that amount of money? how reliable is it?
    I found this camera on amazon from J&R music and computer world, has anybody done business with them before?
    thanks for your help.

Re: Wich camera and where to buy?

I know some of the members have done business with J&R with good results. Youc an check out our camera dealer forum if you want to do some research on them. You could also try KEH.com, they sell new and used cameras and they are very convservative in their ratings. The D80 is a great camera and you will be very happy with it.
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I have a D80 and am quite pleased with it but I have had it long enough to know its strengths and weaknesses.
    You don't say what your budget is or what kind of photography you will be doing.
    When you consider budget, you must aslo consider lenses, bags, memory cards, etc., etc..
    I see three D80s in amazon, one with an 18-135, one body only, and one with an 18-135 and a 70-300. Which one are you considering?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

thanks for the advice.
    i am considering the 18-135, i was told that is a great lens. i will be doing general photography, more like a hobby type thing. as you can probably tell i don't know much yet.

Thread Information