I am knew to the world of digital photography, however I do know the basics after researching for a while. Im looking for a camera setup around 1000$, or in the case of non slr, then about half that. Anyways im looking for good zoom, good res around 8mp, but most of all i want to take some action shots. I looked at the Lumix FZ30 with 12x optical and 8mp, and the fuji finepix s9000. They both look allright, but im willing to spend more, and i really would love to get an slr. I love they way the canon rebel xt looks, but of course that has a limited zoom range. Should i just go with the lumix or the finepix, or can i buy another lens for the digital rebel without spending a fortune? How usefull are those 9mp in the s9000, and does 8mp in the lumix really make the picture quality any better? I was thinking i would love to just get the digital rebel because of the ability to truly blow up my pictures without all the noise. I Have a terribly unsteady hand (kind of a twitch) so i was thinking since im taking some action shots, and i want a lot of zoom, slr is the way to go. Could i go with maybe a 6 mp slr and get a good lens? I know the digital rebel isn't my only option. I just don't want to spend over 1.5k on a camera, those l - series canon lenses freak me out