Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

With A Battery Charger

I really dont understand why companies continue to make Digi cameras that use AA batteries instead of a Charger set up.

That being said....I need to buy my sister a Digi Camera can some one recomend a 3-4 megapixel camera that uses a charger instead of Batteries?

Thanks

Peplogic

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peplogic
    I really dont understand why companies continue to make Digi cameras that use AA batteries instead of a Charger set up.

That being said....I need to buy my sister a Digi Camera can some one recomend a 3-4 megapixel camera that uses a charger instead of Batteries?
    Huh? Sounds as if you want a camera that you have to plug into the wall...? All prosumer cams I have seen work on batteries.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Huh? Sounds as if you want a camera that you have to plug into the wall...? All prosumer cams I have seen work on batteries.
    What I meant was the disposable type of battery that allot of cheaper canon and Nikon come with instead of the rechargable battery (that yes you use the charger that plugs in the wall for)

-Pep

Canon G3 or G3 comes with the BP-511 rechargeable battery.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by peplogic
    What I meant was the disposable type of battery that allot of cheaper canon and Nikon come with instead of the rechargable battery (that yes you use the charger that plugs in the wall for)
    Even cameras that use AA batteries can use rechargable NiMH AAs. Most owners do this. Other cameras use rechargable Li and LI ion batteries. I thought you had a special purpose project or something that needed longer connections to power.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar
    A friend of mine just bought a Kodak DX 6490, 4.0MP, P&S that he seems to really like. One of the biggest reasons he chose this model was because it came with a battery charger. He has only had if for about a week now but he seems to like it. Not sure how much you want to spend, but he spent $400 at a local store for his, but you can find them cheaper on the net. I too have Kodak P&S (CX3700 with 3.2MP) that I am very happy with for taking snap shots. (I use my DRebel for more important shots) The CX3700 runs about $125 at Walmart. It uses AA bateries but we picked up a 4pk of rechargables with a one hour charger for it for about $20.

Thread Information