Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Viewfinder Magnifier

In the mean time I find a new camera I would like like to buy a Magnifier for my E-420...between my not razor sharp eyes and the "damm this is small" viewfinder on the camera is far from being possible to attempt a manual focus.

I wonder if any of you chaps Oly user or not had some experience with those gadgets around the market.

So far I have found these....

PENTAX-VIEWFINDER LOUPE 0-ME53 1.18 x (via adapter)
    Looks good quality and I think the shape and rubber is confortable...only 18% does not seem much improvement.

TENPA 1.36x
    Looks very good quality. more "zoom" 36% and the cup seems comfy.

SEAGULL 2.3x

Looks cheap and probably feels too. super 2.3x zoom (that probably block all the view expect for a center small portion...though you can flip it over and take it out of the equation. This one do to its long shape my BIG nose will be far from the camera body.

I will not mention the OLY ME-1 Magnifier because it seems to be not so comfortable and lacks a decent rubber cup.

If you have any comments or others suggestions will be much appreciated.

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Re: Viewfinder Magnifier

I have the Olympus ME-1 eyecup, and I like it. I don't have many glare issues (not more than I had with the native eyecup) and it does a fine job. I think it's protrusiveness pushes it beneath a person's brow so it doesn't need a rubber hood. The eye-relief is very short - to see the whole viewfinder you will have to be very close to the camera, but that is a fact of life with any of the magnified eyecups. It lives on my E510 permanently.
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

Thread Information